- weighed 250 lbs.
- had a BMI of almost 29
- had blood pressure of 140/90 (taking medication), and
- was pre-diabetic.
- weigh 200 lbs.
- have a BMI of 23
- have blood pressure of 110/70
- have absolutely normal blood sugar
- have total cholesterol of 179, with an HDL of 65, and
- no meds (well, a buck's worth of dietary supplements a day.)
"Hi, Doc. How's business?"
"It's OK. (looking at my charts:) You know, you're in pretty good shape."
"Well, all you have to do is fit large amounts of exercise into your lifestyle and eat right."
"Yeah, but who wants to do that?" (smiling)
"Health care" is what cycle commuters do every day. Physical health, mental health, and spiritual health. Is it Utopian to talk this way? I don't care.