Friday, October 2, 2009

Cyclist's Log; A new word

First: Mileage at the end of September: 2892 miles. Only 344 miles for the month, but not really too bad considering the fact I was out for a whole week working /touring in Switzerland and Germany. This is about the mileage I had at the very end (like December 31) of 2008, so I've got quite a bit of time to travel but 408 miles to make my goal. (The fable of the tortoise and hare comes to mind...)
Second: A new word today, that if you Google it you get zero hits (or maybe just this blog). So it's safe to call it a "new" word, I think? The word: Bikonoclast.

bi•kon•o•clast |bīˈkänəˌklast|
noun
1 a challenger of accepted wisdom about bikes and bicycling.
2 a vehicular cyclist

I've come to the conclusion that I am a bikonoclast. (You, literally, read it here first.) Has a nice ring, don't you think? (PS: the picture is a non-sequiteur. But I thought it was funny.)

Update: the word in a logo:


No comments: